It's fascinating to now see what I hadn't been aware of before about Comet's behaviour and how he and Alice interact when they are off the lead. These videos show it really well.
The pattern is:
- Daisy wants to be chased so starts running
- Alice sees the movement and starts chasing her
- Comet doesn't respond to Daisy but when he sees Alice go he chases her
- Daisy keeps running but Comet stops Alice and they bounce around each other with Comet nipping Alice until she gives in
- the final move is Alice stops bouncing, Comet waits a second and then walks off, over to Daisy, or to me, or just to sniff the grass, while Alice stands and waits a moment before moving off.
Started trying the "find it" with Alice. She's not sure yet, but has started to look around when I say "find it". She knows there's a treat coming but not sure what she needs to do to get it, so she tries sitting and lying down until I persuade her by doing lots of encouraging pointing and saying "find it".